The course provides an overview of human resources management and organizational development activities including employment, interviewing, career systems, compensation, benefits, training, organizational change, performance evaluation, discipline and employee assistance, labor relations, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity considerations, and health and safety.
- Identify the various human resources functions.
- Complete a rudimentary job analysis process.
- Identify key legal constraints and concerns for HR professionals.
- Identify and describe three methods of selecting employees.
- Identify and describe five methods of appraising employees.
- Identify and describe key issues in the motivation and compensation of employees.
- Identify and describe key elements to a successful discipline process.
- Identify and describe common components of employee assistance programs.
- Identify and describe key elements in health and safety programs.
- Identify and describe common dynamics in management/labor relations.
- Identify and describe common concerns in organization development.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management