This course will examine the role that differing state and federal laws and regulations will play in the operation of hotels, resorts and casinos. The limitations and exceptions to these laws they apply to Tribal Lands will be assessed. It provides the essential information that managers need to comply with the law and to develop preventative tactics to avoid lawsuits.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the law, the court system and procedure as they pertain to hospitality and casino concerns.
- Recognize and evaluate the legal ramifications of policies and practices in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Identify potential legal problems and formulate preventive measures to limit or prevent liability within the hospitality and casino environment.
- Analyze current and emerging legal trends of concern to the hospitality industry.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in law in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major hospitality law concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management