This course encompasses financial reporting systems, internal controls, managerial reporting and federal and state regulations that impact the accounting in a hotel, resort or casino environment. Students will gain hands-on experience in complying with GAAP and legal requirements of financial reporting in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate an understand fundamental accounting and financial management concepts.
- Evaluate financial statements accounting departments in the hospitality industry produce and the types of information these reports provide.
- Be able to use the basic vocabulary and definitions associated with accounting and financial management as applied to the hospitality industry.
- Develop the skills necessary to understand and communicate financial data to make sound decisions and powerful presentations.
- Generate and analyze fundamentals of ratio analysis and how ratios are used in financial statements and in making business decisions for the hospitality industry.
- Use common methods of analysis when to measure a hospitality business’s financial performance.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in accounting in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major accounting concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management