This course introduces the concepts and training in the field of security/safety, security techniques and video surveillance. It covers the basic security principles in Casinos: ‘To observe and report’, the laws and powers of arrest, detainment, search and seizure, patrol procedures, report writing, field note taking, security systems and investigative techniques. It further explains the basic function and set-up of surveillance equipment and operational surveillance procedures to provide fairness of the games and game protection. Examples of scams, cheats and fraud illustrate the importance of security and surveillance in the protection of tribal assets.
- Differentiate and communicate verbal and written formats of security and surveillance objectives.
- Quote and analyze the different authorities and implications of Public Law in sovereign territory.
- Implement common security and surveillance measures.
- Identify and classify the appropriate functions of standing and roaming security positions.
- Identify the key components of security and surveillance equipment.
- Perform incident note taking and brief desk reports.
- Carry out basic report writing techniques.
- Identify and use 25 basic radio-dispatching codes appropriately.
- Implement the first responder functions for medical and other emergencies.
- Create, inventory and explain the major components of surveillance equipment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management