Dr. Brian Simpson
Brian P. Simpson is chair of the Department of Finance and Economics. His research focuses on monetary and banking theory, the business cycle, the philosophical foundations of economic ideas, and creating constitutional protections of individual rights and freedom. He is author of the two-volume comprehensive explanation of the business cycle and business cycle theory titled Money, Banking, and the Business Cycle (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014). He is also author of the book Markets Don•t Fail! (Lexington Books, 2005). Markets Don•t Fail! was translated into Chinese in 2012. In addition to his Ph.D. in economics from George Mason University, he has an MBA from Pepperdine University and a BS in aerospace engineering from Syracuse University.
|Conference||2018-04-02||An Update to my Previous Economic, Political, and Philosophical Analysis of Externalities||43rd annual conference of The Association of Private Enterprise Education||Las Vegas, NV|
|Conference||2017-04-12||A Critique of 'Sticky' Price and Wage Theory||42nd annual conference of The Association of Private Enterprise Education||Lahaina, HI|
|Conference||2016-04-04||Real Business Cycle Theory: A Critique||41st annual conference of The Association of Private Enterprise Education||Las Vegas, NV|
|Conference||2015-04-18||John Law's Financial Scam||11th annual Prague Conference on Political Economy, CEVRO Institute||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Conference||2014-11-22||A New Development in Austrian Business Cycle Theory||84th annual conference of The Southern Economic Association||Atlanta, GA|
|Conference||2013-07-05||Where Do Profits Come from?||Objectivist Summer Conference||Chicago, IL|
|Speech||2012-03-30||What Would a Free Market in Money and Banking Look Like?||Clemson Institute for the Study of Capitalism Lunch-Time Lecture Series||Clemson, SC|
|Speech||2010-07-26||Capitalism and the Economic Crisis||Advocis, The Ontario School, Professional Development Seminar for Canadian Financial Advisors, webcast from La Jolla, CA||Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, Can.|
- Simpson, B.S., (2016). Castro's Socialist System Deserves Burial, Not Praise. The San Diego Union-Tribune,
- Simpson, B.S., (2015). A Response to a Critic of Money, Banking, and the Business Cycle. Capitalism Magazine,
- Simpson, B.S., (2017). Response to a Review of Money, Banking, and the Business Cycle. The Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics,
- Simpson, B.S., (2015). Another Response to Chris Leithner: Some Differences between Austrian Economics and Objectivism. Reason Papers,
- Simpson, B.S., (2014). Response to Chris Leithner's Review of Money, Banking, and the Business Cycle. Journal of Peace, Prosperity, and Freedom,
- Simpson, B.S., (2014). Money, Banking, and the Business Cycle, Volume 2: Remedies and Alternative Theories.
- Simpson, B.S., (2014). Money, Banking, and the Business Cycle, Volume 1: Integrating Theory and Practice.