Examines critical thinking and ethics, and their application to academic, personal, and professional situations. Covers systems of logical reasoning, critical analysis, and evaluation of message content, including supporting evidence, and logical fallacies. Discusses the morality and ramifications of decision-making in media industries.
- Classify and describe systems of critical analysis.
- Analyze deductive and inductive logic.
- Distinguish and evaluate the source and bias of information.
- Distinguish and evaluate types of supporting evidence used in argument.
- Distinguish fallacies of reasoning and support in argument.
- Analyze and articulate concepts of morality.
- Appraise and critique the moral implications of arguments and decisions.
- Characterize and compare common ethical dilemmas.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences