Prepare for the pursuit of your passion. Explore your creative expression and thought in languages and literature, visual arts, drama, music, philosophy, and the classics. You’ll develop communication methods in the field of your choice and master your storytelling abilities in group and solo settings. Learn the practical skills and critical thinking involved in demonstrating the self-development that contributes to lifelong learning and creative passion.
Department Head: Dr. Janet Baker
Choose from our Programs below
- Associate of Arts in General Education
- Associate of Arts with Concentration in Business Administration
- Associate of Science in General Education
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in English with Single Subject Matter Preparation and ITL Single Subject Credential (California)
- Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communications
- Minor In Creative Writing
- Minor in English
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
- Foreign Credential Bridge Program
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences