Global Lessons in Security
Examination of overseas homeland security practices in the areas of terrorist threats, emergency response, critical infrastructure, radicalization, border and transportation security.
- Distinguish between international homeland security policies.
- Analyze homeland security threats from domestic and international perspectives.
- Evaluate homeland security strategies, laws and institutions.
- Compare the roles of civilian authorities and the military practices in homeland security issues.
- Analyze the role emergency management plays in response to homeland security issues in the domestic and international environments.
- Appraise the different ethical issues between international and domestic homeland security practices.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.