Master of Science in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
Earn a degree from a designated NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, and help protect the world’s computing and information systems infrastructure.
The Master of Science in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance is a professional degree for those who endeavor through technical and managerial measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity, authenticity, control, availability, and utility of the world's computing and information systems infrastructure. The online cyber security degree program has a required core and a required specialization, which can be selected from some alternatives. The core is designed to provide a means of supporting the variety of backgrounds (both education and work experience) that those who wish to study this area may bring to the program. The core is also a statement of the knowledge domain that is common to most efforts in this area. The specializations provide for study in particular domains of knowledge within the field - which are also tied to communities of effort within the field.
Program Admission Requirements
All students who seek to enroll in the MS-CSIA program must interview with the Faculty Advisor noted above prior to enrolling in the first course of the program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Devise a mitigation plan against both external and internal vulnerabilities to enterprise computer infrastructures and sensitive digital assets.
- Analyze and evaluate multiple risk assessment methods and strategies.
- Compare and contrast the legal and ethical aspects of cybersecurity at the Federal, State, and International level.
- Assess and summarize the legal and ethical requirements of a cyber security professional.
- Integrate project management skills to produce a cybersecurity solution.
- Evaluate the results of a security assessment to assess the security status of a network or computer system.
- Conduct in-depth research into a specific CSIA topic, including finding and integrating relevant research results of others.
- Integrate systems-level-infrastructure thinking into CSIA problem identification and resolution, and effectively communicate the solution
- CYB 600 Cyber Security Technology
- CYB 601 Cyber Sec. Toolkit Utilization
- CYB 602 Threat Modeling & Intel
- CYB 603 Cyber Security Ethical Issues
- CYB 604 Wireless and Mobile Security
- CYB 606 Net Defense & Cloud Security
- CYB 699A Cyber Security Project I
- CYB 699B Cyber Security Project II
- CYB 699C Cyber Security Project III