ITM690 MS-ITM Capstone Project I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mudasser Fraz Wyne
This is the first part of a three course sequence. Students work on original capstone projects that integrate and synthesize concepts and principles that are taught throughout this program. These capstone projects or practicums are the last courses in the program. This course is an application of IT project management practices where students define and design projects in the areas of IT management, including database, networking and security. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of IT Project Planning and Project Management principles.
- Conduct an in-depth research into the latest IT developments and management.
- Create project scope, tasks and accountabilities, perform risk assessment and trade-offs, and establish measures of success.
- Design a complete IT system with database, networking and other available IT design tools.
- Address security issues involved with electronic data transfer.