ITM510 DB Modeling and Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mudasser Fraz Wyne
Course DescriptionThis course covers the concepts of data modeling for relational databases and different methodologies for building a logical model. It covers techniques for organizing and designing relational databases and practical approaches to transform logical models to a stable relational database. This course also provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to install and configure secure database management systems. Topics include the conceptual understanding of data storage structure, creation and management of files, groups, tables, queries, concurrency control, indexes and data views.
- Analyze database requirements and create entities and relations for modeling.
- Configure settings for database creation.
- Demonstrate secure information management using data base techniques.
- Transform application requirements into conceptual database design using various models.
- Demonstrate the skills and methods required for DB administration tasks.