ITM435 Wireless LAN Security
Lead Faculty: Dr. Debra A. Bowen
Course DescriptionFundamental concepts of wireless network security. The focus is on 802.11 standard wireless solutions including: learning how to defend against the latest hacking techniques, implement the latest wireless LAN security solutions, and understand the impact of new solutions. This course provides the basic preparation for the Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP) exam.
- Identify methods of wireless network attacks.
- Identify wireless network vulnerabilities.
- Compare 802.1x/EAP solutions.
- Compare Kerberos and RADIUS authentication.
- Describe the functions of Wireless Gateways and VLAN's.
- Configure PPTP, L2TP, and IPSec in Wireless LAN's.
- Develop Wireless LAN Security Policies.
- Secure IEEE 802.11i with Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA).
- Identify several encryption types used with Wireless.
- Use Security Policy Templates.