Lead Faculty: Dr. Peilin Fu
Course DescriptionDescribes the fundamentals of semiconductor devices and microelectronic circuits. Students will explore the terminal characteristics of p-n junction and Zener diodes, diode circuits, and transistors and transistor circuits. Specifically, discussion includes principles of MOSFET and BJT operations, biasing technology, and their application in transistor circuit analysis.
- Analyze the four basic amplifiers models (voltage, current, transconductance and transresistance).
- Understand the terminal characteristics for applications of an Operational Amplifier.
- Explain various applications using diodes.
- Design the discrete MOSFET circuits.
- Analyze the BJT circuits and amplifiers.