MGT604 Project and Program Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ramon Corona
Course DescriptionThis course provides a foundation of theory and practice for managing the successful use of project or program approaches to complete work in organizations. Students explore a wide-variety of projects and programs. Specific topics include the definition and application of these approaches, development of work plans,and measurement and evaluation of results.
- Predict the impact of globalization on the operation of projects and programs within the organization.
- Propose an effective statement of the scope of work to be completed as a project.
- Select project team members with the knowledge and skills to succeed in globally oriented projects
- Design an effective project management process
- Evaluate the work completed by a project team.
- Evaluate the management processes used to monitor and guide programs.
- Distinguish between projects and the ongoing nature of operations.
- Evaluate the ethical issues associated with specific project and program management decisions.