MKT635 Ad Management & Marketing
Lead Faculty: Dr. Kamlesh Mehta
An analysis of marketing communications from business, social, economic, and political perspectives, this course provides an in-depth discussion of advertising and promotion as key tools in marketing new and established products. It examines advertising planning and management, research, creative development, media selection, direct response, and advertising agencies. Emphasis is on new media technologies and the growing use of alternative media in communicating with selected publics.
- Describe the model of the IMC planning process and examine the steps in developing a Marketing communications program.
- Evaluate and analyze the promotional function and the growing importance of advertising and other promotional elements in the marketing programs of domestic and foreign companies.
- Understand the role consumer behavior plays in the development and implementation of advertising and promotional programs.
- Identify the role of market segmentation and its use in an integrated marketing communications program.
- Identify the various perspectives concerning the social, ethical, and economic aspects of advertising and promotion.
- Understand how to assess the effectiveness of communications through the Internet.
- Evaluate and analyze the alternative methods for measuring promotional program effectiveness.