Master of Science in Management Information Systems
The Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MSMIS) program is designed to provide students with the requisite management, business, strategic, and technical skills needed to help them apply information systems technology more efficiently and effectively. The MSMIS program’s objective is to close this gap by providing the needed education and career development foundations, including oral, written, and presentation skills; technical skills; people and business skills; and ethics and professionalism, which are integrated throughout its individual courses. The curriculum is designed as a set of interrelated building blocks consisting of foundations, core, integration, and career tracks.
Candidates seeking admission to the program must possess a baccalaureate degree. This program is designed to offer information systems expertise to those from various education backgrounds. Enrolling students must have an undergraduate degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, or software engineering, business or must have approval of the lead faculty and have some background in business and technology.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Use analytical and critical thinking skills to develop organizational project management strategies and strategic solutions for information system processes.
- Perform systems analysis that addresses requirements among information systems technology, people and organizational goals.
- Evaluate current and emerging systems integration and distributed computing alternatives to maximize efficiencies and meet organizational goals.
- Develop decision support system solutions inclusive of knowledge based systems, expert systems and artificial intelligence.
- Illustrate managerial principles and applications of networking and telecommunications.
- Communicate and advise organizations using written and oral skills required for IS professionals.
- Integrate legal, ethical, and global implications in decision making processes.
- CIS 601 Information Systems Strategies
- CIS 602 Network Services & Protocols
- DAT 604 Database Design and Impl.
- CIS 604 Management and Security
- MGT 604 Project and Program Management
- BIM 606 Info Mgmt for Leaders
- BIM 600 Human-Computer Interaction
- BIM 610 Strategic Decision Systems
- TMG 625 Systems Analysis and Design
- CIS 607 Systems Integration
- CIS 620A Master's Research Project I
- CIS 620B Master's Research Project II