No matter the field, the product, or the size of the company, managing people in a business setting requires perceptiveness, motivation, and training. If you’re intrigued by the notion of moving into managerial levels in the business world, the Associate of Science in Business is a natural place to get started. Designed to prepare you for entry-level management positions, the coursework is focused on your success; degree completion provides a transition path to a Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
In the Associate of Science in Business online program, you’ll engage in courses in general business, accounting, economics, legal studies, management, and marketing to gain a broad understanding of the business world. You’ll also pursue two pre-requisites as part of general education requirements: introductory business mathematics and Internet literacy. With these in hand you’ll have a fundamental understanding of basic business management and how it applies to planning and implementing an organization’s strategic behavior.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe the types of business organizations and their basic functions.
- Describe the legal structure and tax implications of different types of business organizations such as sole proprietorship, partnership, and corporation.
- Explain the functions of basic management relating to planning and implementing an organization’s strategic behavior.
- Explain the changing nature of business in a global economy.
- Explain the basic accounting, finance, and management functions of business organizations.
- Describe the legal and ethical issues surrounding the business community.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management