ECO602 Global Context of Business
Lead Faculty: Dr. Wali I. Mondal
State-of-the-art view of the macroeconomic and political contexts in which domestic and international businesses operate. It includes macroeconomic metrics and analysis of business cycles and policies; global trade and world financial and monetary systems; institutional analysis of government-firm relationships and sustainable development, the environment and social responsibility.
- Evaluate fiscal and monetary policies in the context of business cycles.
- Assess and analyze the macroeconomic performance of the U.S. economy since the 1950s.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of globalization and trade agreements.
- Analyze the significance of world monetary systems.
- Theorize and appraise the role of governments and the provision of public goods and its effect on long term economic growth.
- Assess the relationship between governments and firms in the context of institutional analysis.
- Evaluate the need for sustainable development, environmental and social responsibilities in the context of a global economy.