SCM630 Supply Chain Planning
This course focuses on the fundamentals of planning as a primary input into the conception and execution of a robust supply chain architecture. Core facets of planning such as Resource capacity maximization, Supply and demand balancing, Forecast development, Service requirements, Internal and external plan collaboration, and Inventory optimization are discussed in detail. Using simulation and mathematical models as a basis, coupled with practical real life scenarios, this course connects the individual components of the production and inventory planning functions into an integrated supply chain strategy.
- Discuss the overall strategic importance of Supply Chain Planning.
- Demonstrate the value of planning as an effectiveness multiplier across the supply chain.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative of forecasting techniques.
- Identify the best forecasting method for a given data set.
- Employ a Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Describe the process of achieving the lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
- Compute the optimal inventory plan for a particular product.