FIN652 Real Estate Finance
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gurdeep Kumar Chawla
Course DescriptionThis course presents Real Estate Finance and Investment issues from a portfolio perspective. It provides a complete analysis of real estate partnerships, secondary mortgage markets, adjustable rate mortgages. It also includes the applied topics of corporate real estate, including lease versus own analysis, sale and leaseback decisions, and the role of real estate in corporate restructuring.
- Integrate Real Estate Financial Leverage with Financing Alternatives.
- Define and discuss legal considerations in Real Estate Finance.
- Compare and contrast different methods of financing residential properties.
- Integrate Income Producing Properties with Valuation Fundamentals.
- Compare various techniques of financing project development and Land Development Projects.
- Analyze Real Estate Capital Markets and Securities, such as various Pass-Through Securities, Collateralized Mortgage Obligations, Real Estate Investment Trusts and Derivative Securities in the context of Portfolio Performance Considerations.
- Explain the process of management of interest rate risk.
- Compare and contrast various approaches of Disposing and Renovating Income Properties.