FIN454 Capital Structure & Financing
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gurdeep Kumar Chawla
Course DescriptionOverview the factors that affect capital structure decisions. Topics include: risk and return, corporate strategy, capital structure choices, economics, regulatory, and industry effect on capital structure, raising capital and financial distress and bankruptcy.
- Describe the factors affecting capital structure decisions.
- Discuss the relationship between capital structure and corporate strategy.
- Explain how to estimate capital costs.
- Discuss the capital structure theories and Empirical tests.
- Analyze the relevancy of capital structure.
- Estimate continuing value.
- Describe rating agencies and credit insurance.
- Discuss issues related to the financial distress and bankruptcy.