ECO447 Money and Banking
Lead Faculty: Dr. Wali I. Mondal
Students will study the U.S. monetary and financial systems. They will learn about the important role these systems play in facilitating the production of wealth in the economy. This class covers the principles of money; the Federal Reserve System; the determinants of interest rates, bond prices, and stock prices; the different types of financial institutions; monetary theory; and monetary policy.
- Explain how the monetary and financial systems facilitate the production of wealth. v
- Analyze and evaluate the factors influencing the prices of financial market instruments.
- Differentiate between the various types of financial institutions.
- Explain the risks that financial institutions face.
- Explain how monetary policy affects the economy.