ACC300 Applied Tech for Accountants
Lead Faculty: Dr. Consolacion Fajardo
Course DescriptionEmphasis on the design and internal control perspectives of accounting information systems, including systems analysis, decision support systems, system implementation, and the audit of management information systems.
- Describe the importance of Accounting Information Systems (AIS) to accountants.
- Explain how data is created, captured, processed, and reported in AIS.
- Discuss data storage technologies including databases and sequential files, client-server technology and how to best secure the data.
- Demonstrate the use of Cloud Computing for electronic financial transactions and compare various approaches to securing those transactions.
- Describe implications and opportunities of eBusiness.
- Explain the Information Technology (IT) project development process and how it impacts the company.
- Perform an exposure assessment of internal controls as they apply to AIS.
- Employ the use of computerized accounting software.