National University’s eTextbook provider is Ed Map.
eTextbooks offer students many benefits such as:
- Purchase books at a significantly lower cost.
- You get immediate access to them – no waiting for a print book to be shipped – and you can access your eTextbooks online from any computer or offline after you’ve downloaded them.
- These eTextbooks are formatted for the VitalSource ereader platform. This reader provides robust search functionality, the ability to print chapters, plus the ability to take and share highlights and notes – and have those study aids sync so that you can see them whether you’re reading your eTextbook online or offline.
- You’ll be able to access the eTextbook online for at least two years. Once downloaded, you’ll have offline access to most eTextbooks indefinitely.
- To access a sample eTextbook click NUeTexts.com.
- There are no shipping charges for eTextbooks.
eTextbook tutorials are available for you to become more familiar with the great many features that are available to you by using an eTextbook. To view these tutorials please click on this link http://support.vitalsource.com/kb/vbs-ht.
Find out what textbooks are required for your course by logging into the Student Portal.
Log in with the following credentials:
User ID: Your nine-digit University ID number (For students enrolled at NU before March 2005, this is your seven-digit University ID number preceded by two zeros, e.g., 001234567).
Password: Your assigned password will remain the first two letters of your first name (in caps), first two letters of your last name (in caps), and last four numbers of your Student ID, until you opt to change it in the Password and Personalization section of SOAR. (e.g., John Doe's password would be JODO4567)
In the middle of the student portal home page click on the My Schedule link located in the Quick Links for Students section. Click on the blue link titled Buy Books on the far left side of the page next to your course. This link will direct you to the National University website where you can view and purchase all your required books with ease and convenience. Please note: The Buy Books link is only active seven weeks prior to the start date of your upcoming course and for any current courses; however, we recommend you buy your eTextbook just a couple of days before the start of your class.
You may also purchase your eTextbook on the Internet via National University’s Ed Map link at NUeTexts.com. Make sure to view your class schedule to order the correct book. The Virtual Bookstore can be accessed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Payments may be made by credit card to the secure website. Accepted credit cards are Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
In order to buy a book from Ed Map, you will need to have a registered account. Having an account will enable you to place orders quickly and easily. You can register on the Internet via National University’s Ed Map link NUeTexts.com.
If you need assistance ordering your eTextbook please call or National University Student Concierge Services Department at (866) 628-8988.