National University’s eTextbook provider is VitalSource.
eTextbooks offer students many benefits such as:
- Purchase books at a significantly lower cost.
- You get immediate access to them – no waiting for a print book to be shipped – and you can access your eTextbooks online from any computer or offline after you’ve downloaded them.
- These eTextbooks are formatted for the VitalSource ereader platform. This reader provides robust search functionality, the ability to print chapters, plus the ability to take and share highlights and notes – and have those study aids sync so that you can see them whether you’re reading your eTextbook online or offline.
- You’ll be able to access the eTextbook online for at least two years. Once downloaded, you’ll have offline access to most eTextbooks indefinitely.
- There are no shipping charges for eTextbooks.
eTextbook tutorials are available for you to become more familiar with the great many features that are available to you by using an eTextbook. To view these tutorials please click on this link http://support.vitalsource.com/kb/vbs-ht.
Find out what texts are required for your course by logging onto the student portal from Single Sign-On.
In the middle of the student portal home page click on the My Schedule link located in the Quick Links for Students section. Click on the blue link titled Buy Books on the far left side of the page next to your course. This link will direct you to the National University website where you can view and purchase all your required books with ease and convenience. Please note: The Buy Books link is only active seven weeks prior to the start date of your upcoming course and for any current courses; however, we recommend you buy your eTextbook just a couple of days before the start of your class.
You may also purchase your eTextbook on the Internet via VitalSource. Make sure to view your class schedule to order the correct book. The Virtual Bookstore can be accessed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Payments may be made by credit card to the secure website. Accepted credit cards are Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
In order to buy a book from VitalSource, you will need to have a registered account. Having an account will enable you to place orders quickly and easily. You can register on the Internet via VitalSource.
If you need assistance ordering your eTextbook please call or National University Student Concierge Services Department at (866) 628-8988.