Prepare for entry-level career opportunities in healthcare administration and management and supervisory roles within the healthcare system by earning a Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration (BSHA). In this program, you’ll learn both conceptual and analytical skills needed to manage contemporary healthcare organizations. Whether you pursue a career in the public or private sector at a local, state, or federal level, you will be well equipped for the challenges presented in the modern healthcare organization. You will develop relevant problem-solving skills and learn how to keep staff performing at their best by applying the principles of accounting, law, financial analysis, human resource management, operations analysis management, information systems analysis, strategic planning, and marketing.
Graduates of the healthcare administration degree program will enhance their opportunities for professional advancement through carefully planned internships and a capstone experience. The BSHA program is an associate member institution of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA).
Program Learning Outcomes
- Differentiate the roles and perspectives of clinical practitioners, nonclinical staff, supervisors, and managers within healthcare organizations.
- Describe the management, leadership, and healthcare theories and components of the healthcare delivery system in the United States.
- Evaluate the impact of factors that affect the policies, management, and operation of healthcare organizations.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative healthcare data and information for effective decision-making.
- Explain the legal and ethical principles and responsibilities of healthcare organizations to individual patient and community healthcare needs.
- Explain strategic and marketing priorities of healthcare organizations in relationship to the needs and values of a community.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services