Students are required to take the courses in this sequence.
PRIOR to taking ITL 402, the candidate is required to submit a complete Credential Packet. This packet includes, but is not limited to, a background clearance and Negative TB test. To better understand these requirements, please refer to the Sanford College of Education’s Credential Information section located in this catalog.
PRIOR to beginning any of the Multiple Subject Methods courses, the candidate must have completed all Foundation courses, passed CBEST (California Basic Educational Skills Test) and passed CSET (California Subject Examination Test).
There is an application process for applying to student teaching (clinical practice).
Each credential course (ITL) includes a required four-hour field experience in one or more K-6 classrooms representing diverse student populations. The field experience is not associated with any clinical practice courses.
This coursework will not transfer as graduate level credit to National University or any other university as it is part of an undergraduate degree program. Grades earned in graduate level courses will be calculated as part of the student’s undergraduate grade point average.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate the knowledge needed for engaging/supporting all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for creating/maintaining effective learning environments for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for making subject matter comprehensible for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for designing/planning learning experiences for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for assessing all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for being a legal, ethical, and professional educator for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Reflect critically about the application of the inspired teaching and learning principles.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education