Higher education administrators must be prepared to lead faculty and staff as well as manage overall operations of a college or university. The Master of Science in Higher Education Administration will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary for this level of leadership in higher education.
Throughout the program, you’ll learn sound higher education theory, leadership, and strategic management for administrative programs and student services, as well as ways to manage and implement change in dynamic environments. You’ll also learn ways to establish meaningful community relationships and respond to diverse community interests, all while keeping an eye on current trends and relevant financial and legal aspects of higher education.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze sound educational philosophy, theory, and practice to managing change, policy, and governance, strategic planning and analysis, student services, and enrollment management in higher education.
- Appraise change strategies, including understanding complex human phenomena such as resistance and anxiety.
- Evaluate current higher education policy in the context of its possible impact on the future of colleges and universities.
- Examine the impact community relations, Student Services, and Enrollment Management have on institutions of higher learning.
- Interpret major legal issues that impact higher education today and will impact higher education in the future.
- Analyze strategic planning and evaluation strategies and data in the context of student, programmatic assessment, and operational needs.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.