Big data is the result of mass amounts of transactions made available to the business world for scientific research. Effectively managing and mining big data requires unique skills that are currently in high demand. The Master of Science in Business Analytics online and on-campus courses teach you to apply scientific knowledge to big data in ways that reveal practical patterns that can be used to improve business decisions. This information is invaluable in measuring the success of operations, forecasts, and strategic planning.
In the program you’ll learn to analyze data in an analytics environment and evaluate methods and technologies to organize and normalize data for use in statistical analysis. You’ll discover how to construct data files and statistical models to help guide a company in reducing costs, increasing efficiency, and reducing risk.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate methods and technologies to organize and normalize data for use in statistical analysis.
- Construct data files and statistical models to find patterns for competitive decision making.
- Design an analytical model to forecast prices based on the previous data patterns.
- Apply security, privacy, and ethical measures using data and analytical models to improve organizations’ due diligence.
- Apply the appropriate data model to analyze the performance of supply chain processes.
- Construct analytical models to business data to achieve targeted results.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.