Accredited Online Psychology
Degrees for Graduate Students
Explore the many facets of human cognition with an online Master of Arts in Psychology degree from National University.
Our online graduate psychology programs provide you with the latest theory, research, and applied techniques necessary for a career in psychology.
In our programs, you’ll learn how to:
- Demonstrate core psychological concepts and therapeutic skills.
- Understand and demonstrate current professional standards of ethics, values, and laws related to the practice of professional therapy.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in addressing the mental health needs of people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Apply counseling skills to working relationships.
- Apply ethical principles in a professional and culturally appropriate manner.
With flexible four-week courses from an accredited, private nonprofit university, you can start your online master’s in psychology sooner and finish faster.
Online Psychology Master’s Degrees and Programs Options
Graduate with a Master of Arts degree completely online through the following online graduate psychology programs:
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (California)
Earn your master’s degree in counseling online and prepare to seek a career in professional counseling with the Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology. Choose from two specialization options: The standard Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) option and the combined MFT/Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) option. Our online master’s degree in counseling psychology is designed for California only.
Master of Arts in Performance Psychology
Learn the latest in theory, research, and applied techniques across the fields of business, exercise physiology, the fine arts, military and combat psychology, as well as sport psychology with the Master of Arts in Performance Psychology. The practical and tailored hands-on learning experiences will give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge to settings including university and professional athletics, fine arts performances, corporate settings, children in school and community sports organizations, coaching, and teaching.
Master of Arts in Human Behavior
With a master’s degree in human behavior, you’ll build a strong theoretical and empirical base from which to begin to understand the human experience. Get exposure to a wide array of behavioral topics covering personal, social, and organizational issues. The online master’s in behavior science program was developed for students who have specific ambitions in the fields of supervision, management, and administration, but also benefits those undergoing life transitions, seeking personal or career growth, or preparing for doctoral-level study.
Online Graduate Course and Curriculum Highlights
Our online courses for psychology are taught by experienced faculty in a one-course-per-month format designed for busy working adults, so you can earn your degree faster and enhance your career opportunities. Throughout all of our online graduate psychology programs, you’ll have the opportunity to delve deeper into the study of psychology and turn your interests and passions into career advancements.
Alongside core concepts and theories, you’ll learn ethical and professional standards of practice, develop research methods, and integrate professional development through self-reflection and hands-on work.
Admission and Transfer Requirements for Online Programs
National University accepts and reviews applications year-round, so you can begin class any month of the year, depending if you’re studying online or the availability of course offerings at your chosen learning facility.
Admission to graduate programs at NU is based on evidence, including a student’s academic record at other institutions, test scores, interviews, professional experience, motivation, and educational objectives.
Graduate students may transfer up to 13.5 quarter units of course work applicable to their program, subject to the following conditions:
- A student with applicable course work from another institution may have an advisor or a faculty member fill out the online course equivalency form, and the student must provide the Office of the Registrar with an official transcript showing this course work.
- A course taken elsewhere with a grade of “B-” or below is not transferable to National University.
- A course taken more than 7 years ago is not transferable to National University.
- A course taken at a college without regional accreditation is not transferable to National University.
- A course used to earn a master’s degree at another institution is not transferable to National University.
Accreditations and Accolades
Founded in 1971, National University is San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university. NU is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), which ensures you have access to the proper technology, resources, and student services to deliver a high caliber online learning experience.
Psychology Degree Career Options and Applications
Earning your psychology degree online from National University prepares you to seek careers in the following fields:
- Sport psychology
- University and professional athletics
- Performance psychology
- School psychology
- School counseling
- Marriage and family therapy
- Supervision and management
- And more
- On the Job With a Master’s in Counseling Psychology
- Adding a Specialization to Your Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology
- What Should I Look for in an Online Master’s in Psychology Counseling Program?
- Is Human Behavior Genetic or Learned?
- What is the Study of Human Behavior?
- Careers with a Sport Psychology Degree