LVN to RN
Licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) who desire to complete the minimum number of units required to take the licensure examination may apply for this option. LVNs who select the “30- Unit Option” method to satisfy the requirements for licensure as a Registered Nurse should consult the Chair of the Department of Nursing for an individual program consultation to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this option.
Departmental Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the “30 Unit” certificate, candidates must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Have completed the National University undergraduate admission process
- Hold a current, active license to practice as a licensed vocational nurse
- Have successfully completed the required preparation courses
- Submit the appropriate nursing program application
- For advising purposes only, complete the ACCUPLACER math and English tests
After completing the interview process, successful candidates will be enrolled in classes as spaces become available.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop a critical stance on professional issues related to nursing practice, education, and knowledge development by analyzing the historical and contemporary environments in nursing.
- Use computer technologies to augment productivity and to gain access to multiple informational resource services.
- BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiol II
- BIO 202A Human Anatomy & Physiol Lab II
- BIO 203 Introductory Microbiology
- BIO 203A Introductory Microbiology Lab