Master of Arts in Education
The Master of Arts in Education (MAE) program is designed for individuals interested in seeking professional growth and advancement in educational fields. Additionally, the MAE degree program meets the needs of international students seeking a master’s degree in education. Students will complete a six-course core focused on exploring the historical, philosophical, psychological, and social foundations education; analyzing issues of educational equity and diversity; understanding learners with learning exceptionalities; examining the foundations of curriculum, assessment, and instruction; and using educational research to deepen critical-thinking skills. Students in this program will have opportunities to select a four-course specialization from a variety of areas. Note: this program is not designed for students seeking a teaching credential.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze diversity issues in education to support equity in educational contexts and learning practices.
- Integrate foundational theory and skills to make subject matter comprehensible to all learners.
- Analyze the application of educational research, evidence-based practices, and academic writing.
- Apply theoretical foundations of education to examine personal, societal, and organizational practices.
- TED 602 Educational Foundations
- SPD 604 Psychological Fdns of Educ.
- TED 606 Equity and Diversity
- SPD 608 Exceptionalities
- TED 612 Curric, Assess, & Instruction
- TED 670 Educational Research
- MAT 655 Leadership Impact Seminar