NSG211A Health Assessment Clinical
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bonnie Marblestone
This course covers practical application of holistic health assessment as the basis for nursing intervention and practice, interviewing skills, health history,
physical examination, cultural variations and lab and diagnostic procedures. Concurrent enrollment in NSG 211T is required. Grading is by S or U. This course is 45 contact hours.
- Utilize beginning therapeutic communication skills in interactions with patients, peers and health care team members.
- Demonstrate increasing self awareness and behavior consistent with personal and professional development.
- Perform a Physical Assessment on any client throughout the lifespan.
- Physically assess and interview clients from special populations; Pregnancy, Pediatric, Aging and Functional Limitations.
- Apply teaching and counseling strategies regarding health assessment for human beings across the life span.