NSG696B PMHNP Residency Practicum
Concentrated residency experience in which the student will critically and accurately assess, plan, intervene and evaluate nursing experiences related to the care of individuals, families, populations and nursing systems in primary behavioral health care. NSG696A and NSG696B must be taken concurrently and both completed satisfactorily to progress.
- Formulate treatment modalities derived from current and emerging areas of knowledge for advanced behavioral health nursing practice.
- Evaluate research findings to support best practices in advanced practice behavioral health nursing and health systems.
- Develop advanced leadership skills to mobilize interdisciplinary teams to solve highly complex clinical problems./span/p
- Develop expertise to inform health policy and leadership in establishing clinical excellence and creating new models of health care delivery.
- Assess the health outcomes of individuals, aggregates, and systems.
- Synthesize knowledge of cultural diversity and global perspectives in delivering behavioral health care and in critiquing nursing systems.
- Examine the utilization of telecommunication technologies, information systems, and decision support systems in the delivery and documentation of primary behavioral health care services.