NSG696A PMHNP Residency
Prepare students to perform the advanced practice roles of manager, clinician, educator, researcher and consultant in the provision of primary care services across the lifespan to behavioral health populations. NSG696A and NSG696B must be taken concurrently and both completed satisfactorily to progress.
- Demonstrate a high level of advanced nursing practice in conducting assessments, engaging in therapeutic reasoning, and arriving at diagnoses for individuals with stable, chronic or complex behavioral health problems.
- Explain the utilization of advanced independent nursing interventions when managing individuals with stable and/or enduring behavioral health states.
- Identify components of the peer review process.
- Formulate treatment plans with the interdisciplinary health care team in the management of clients with acute and enduring behavioral health problems.
- Illustrate professional development by initiating strategies for interdisciplianry team functioning with awareness of professional, ethical, legal and political issues.
- Evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care.