NSG414A Nursing Leadership Practicum
Lead Faculty: Ms. Jocelyn Corrao
The focus is practical application of the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of a generalist professional nurse in the leadership and management of health care within a variety of settings. The student will apply principles of delegation, supervision, prioritization and collaboration within the health care team. Course is S/U grading.
- Apply key concepts of management and leadership to caring and collaborative nursing practice within an organizational culture
- Evaluate the process of collaboration with members of the inter-disciplinary care team to ensure the safe delivery of quality, patient-centered care.
- Prioritize nursing actions to achieve safe patient care outcomes utilizing nursing judgment supported by current evidence
- Employ the tools of process improvement theory to understand the meaning of different types of variation in clinical metrics.
- Use best evidence, measurement standards, and benchmarks to determine the stability of patient care systems, processes, and outcomes.
- Explore common performance measures of nurse sensitive indicators that are uses to monitor the quality of patient care.