NSG412 Community Healthcare Delivery
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alice Noquez
A study of community health nursing concepts as they apply to the health of groups and the community at large. Explores nursing care using primary, secondary and tertiary models of intervention. This course includes a required clinical practicum
- Discuss common strategies used to address communicable diseases in a community.
- Compare and contrast the community health needs of identified groups and the community at large.
- In a classroom setting, design interventions directed toward reducing the risk factors associated with selected major health problems of a designated community.
- Evaluate the impact of selected local policy decisions on the health of a designated group or selected community.
- In the classroom setting, relate current research findings from community health nursing to selected case studies.