NSG411 Community Health Frameworks
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alice Noquez
A study of providing nursing care to families in the community using community health nursing concepts. Explores nursing care using primary, secondary and tertiary models of intervention. This course includes a required clinical practicum.
- Differentiate the needs of individuals and families for nursing care.
- Discuss common strategies used to address communicable diseases in a community.
- Evaluate the impact of economics, politics, and the social environment on the health status of the family and the community.
- In the classroom setting, relate current research findings from community health nursing to selected case studies.
- Develop a plan of care for selected clients which focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, and/or maintenance or restoration of health.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess the learning needs of a selected client(s), plan an appropriate educational activity, implement the educational activity, and evaluate the impact of the activity with the client.
- Discuss public health theory and concepts related to epidemiology.