NSG 200 Foundations of Nursing
Lead Faculty: Ms. Mickie Schuerger
The beginning concepts of safe patient-centered care in a variety of healthcare settings are discussed. Communication skills, professional behaviors, and application of the nursing process are presented. Focus on the use of evidence-based practice and professional identity.
- Review the components of the nursing process to develop a patient-centered plan of care
- Describe therapeutic communication techniques that incorporate sociocultural differences to enhance the nurse-patient relationship
- Discuss the nurse's role in providing a safe environment for diverse patients in a variety of health care settings
- Explain the principles of safe medication administration for patients across the life span
- Identify evidence- based nursing actions when developing a plan of care
- Describe teaching/learning strategies to meet patients' individual needs.
- State the role of the nurse in meeting established legal and ethical standards as a health care professional