DNP842A Administration Practicum I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cheryl Ahern-Lehmann
Students in the DNP Administration precepted practicum apply knowledge from DNP Core courses to improve quality of patient care through evidence-based changes in healthcare Administration Practice. Students integrate prior practice and DNP Core knowledge and competences in healthcare facilities on projects that use best evidence to advance the quality of administrative practice and decision-making. This course is 200 hours in length. Grading is by S or U only.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in nursing administration practice.
- Design evidence-based practice change projects to improving the quality of clinical management decision-making and practice.
- Engage in the role of evidence-based change advocate in advanced practice in nursing administration and health systems leadership.
- Implement and evaluate an evidence-based nursing administration practice change.
- Translate administrative research into administrative nursing practice.
- Formulate researchable questions relevant to nursing administration with an emphasis on care delivery and patient outcomes.