Department Head: Dr. Diane Breckenridge
The demand for nursing professionals continues to grow. The programs in the Department of Nursing at National University will prepare you for this rapidly growing field.
Students new to nursing and Licensed Vocational Nurses can pursue a career as a Registered Nurse through our BSN Programs. Registered Nurses can pursue their bachelor's degree through our RN completion program.
Nursing programs offered through the department include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Generic Entry
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Accelerated Post-Bachelor Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) RN Completion
- Licensed Vocational Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (LVN-to-BSN)
- Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia - CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 4.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization in Nursing Administration
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice - **This Program is not accepting applicants at this time**
Use the links on the left to learn more about the certificates, courses, and degrees in the Department of Nursing.
For important information applicable to all of the nursing programs at National University, please view "Information of all Nursing programs" on the right hand side of this page under Related Downloads.
Accreditation and Approvals
In California, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing offered by National University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.