RTT460 Operational Issues
Management, assessment, quality improvement and evaluation techniques will be emphasized. Human resource concepts and regulations impacting the profession will be examined. Accreditation agencies and regulations, billing and reimbursement issues pertinent to the radiation therapy department will also be covered.
- Discuss methods of process improvement.
- Assess the impact of the Joint Commission accreditation on radiation therapy operations.
- Analyze radiation oncology billing and related CPT codes.
- Determine the role Human Resources plays in the employees work environment.
- Summarize the various types of insurance and the mechanisms necessary for approval of care.
- Discuss issues current issues related to employee relations.
- Discuss various labor relation issues as they relate to radiation therapy.
- Identify professional organization participation opportunities for the radiation therapists.
- Discuss the importance of professional commitment and involvement.