IHC 632 Practicum in Health Coaching
Lead Faculty: Dr. Patric M. Schiltz
Course DescriptionPreparation to operate as competent professional health coaches. Students develop their coaching competencies by completing a minimum of 50 hours of coaching in a healthcare environment. Supervision by the course instructor, who has knowledge of and experience in coaching best practices.
- Practice core coaching competencies with clients.
- Experience self as a coach and as an instrument of change.
- Create productive and fulfilling relationships in the coaching role.
- Determine their own coaching style.
- Develop a coaching toolkit to apply to coaching practice.
- Participate in a transformational learning experience that combined theory and best practices with mentoring and coaching from a professional coach.
- Demonstrate deepened listening skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the coaching relationship.
- Recognize how the use of coaching tools can target and facilitate growth in their coaching clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of coaching the andquot;whole person.andquot;