The Master of Science in Health Life Science Analytics program is designed to provide students with a practical learning experience through application of statistical methods to solve real-life health and life science analytics problems. The goal of this program is to prepare students for careers in health analytics and the pharmaceutical industry.
To address the spectrum of issues in health and life science analytics, this curriculum has been designed to include specialized courses in analytic topics relative to the health and clinical fields. Topics include analytical and predictive modeling, data acquisition, data mining, health care information management systems, epidemiology, health management, clinical research, clinical trials, health outcomes research, teamwork, and communication. State-of-the-art analytical software, such as SAS, will be used in all courses so that students completing the MS degree will also be well prepared for external certification. Additionally, team projects are conducted using real data from sponsoring organizations or publicly available data.
Previous academic or industrial experience in such areas as statistics, computer programming, engineering, epidemiology, healthcare, clinical trials, or science are helpful prerequisites for this MS program. This degree is appropriate for both experienced professionals as well as recent college graduates.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate components of data analytics to produce knowledge-based solutions for real-world challenges using public and private data sources.
- Evaluate data management methods and technologies used to improve integrated use of data.
- Construct data files using advanced statistical and data programming techniques to solve practical problems in data analytics.
- Design an analytic strategy to frame a potential issue and solution relevant to the community and stakeholders.
- Evaluate health data management technologies through integration and interoperability of health data.
- Synthesize data analytics and data in a health setting to produce actionable information.
- Analyze the distribution and determinants of disease and health outcomes in human populations.
- Analyze the planning, organization, administration and policies of healthcare organizations using health analytic methods.
- Integrate data and analytic techniques to establish financial priorities of a healthcare organization in line with the needs and values of the community and stakeholders it serves.
- Develop team skills to design, coordinate, conduct, and disseminate an analytic strategy to frame a relevant healthcare issue and solution.
- ANA 605 Analytic Models & Data Systems
- ANA 610 Data Management for Analytics
- ANA 615 Data Mining Techniques
- ANA 620 Continuous Data Methods, Appl
- ANA 625 Categorical Data Methods, Appl
- ANA 630 Advanced Analytic Applications
- HCA 626 Healthcare Information Systems
- COH 606 Epidemiology
- ANH 601 Health Management Analytics
- ANH 604 Clinical Research Analytics
- ANH 607 Health Outcomes Research
- ANH 620 Health Analytics Internship
- ANH 625 Health Analytics Capstone