HCA670 Healthcare Leadership
Course DescriptionConcepts of leadership related to current healthcare organizations. Communications - including public relations - team building, negotiation, and conflict resolution considered. Strategic aspects such as vision, viewpoint, and mission included. Managing uncertainty emphasized.
- Explain concepts of leadership in healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate leadership styles applicable to healthcare organization.
- Categorize the roles of power and politics in healthcare organizations.
- Describe contemporary leadership challenges in healthcare systems and organizations.
- Compare and contrast different methods of team building, negotiating, and conflict resolution.
- Design interpersonal and corporate communication strategies for healthcare organizations, including public relations and crisis communications plans.
- Commit to development of organizational viewpoint, vision, and mission.
- Analyze the influence of uncertainty on leadership functions and decision making.
- Assess human and material resources essential to successful project outcomes.