HCA628 HA Human Resources Management
Lead Faculty: Dr Gina Piane
Course DescriptionStudy of healthcare organization, training, motivation and direction of employees while maintaining high level productivity and morale. Includes selection, compensation, financial incentives, work standards, and leadership principles in healthcare organization.
- Describe deployment and management of human resources with the context of a management framework in healthcare organizations.
- Assess the historical evolution of contemporary human resources management within the healthcare industry.
- Classify current trends and critical human resource management issues associated with various categories of healthcare professionals in healthcare organizations.
- Explain the social, legal, and economic environments impacting management of human resources in healthcare.
- Summarize the various socio-behavioral aspects of human resources management, including employee motivation, leadership development and practices, conflict resolution strategies, change management, and development of employee customer-centered focus.
- Evaluate technical human resource management functions, including job design and analysis, staff recruitment and selection methods, employee training and development, performance management techniques and methods, and principles and practices of compensation and fringe benefit management.
- Assess legal and regulatory issues involved in organized labor/collective bargaining units.