HCA620 Health Organization Management
Healthcare organization theories and structure, including analyses of managerial functions, relationships, and operations for service delivery. Development of effective service delivery systems. Appreciation of external influences including community, financial institutions, socioeconomic environment, and regulatory agencies. Examination of professional roles, responsibilities, and accountability. Understanding of organizational mission, goals, objectives and priorities.
- Apply general management concepts to a healthcare organization.
- Explain organizational theories and their application to healthcare organizations.
- Analyze managerial functions and relationships for service delivery.
- Evaluate external environment influencing healthcare organizations.
- Assess roles, responsibilities, and accountability of healthcare managers and organizations.
- Explain the influence of organizational mission, goals, priorities, and objectives on service delivery.
- Appraise the influence of regulatory agencies and financial institutions on the organization and activities of healthcare organizations.
- Apply business principles, including systems thinking, to the healthcare environment.