Associate of Arts in Digital Media Design
Mr. Brian J Arnold
The AA in Digital Media Design will prepare students to begin work in media technology related professions such as graphic design, web design, video editing, and 3D art. Students are commissioned to work on individual and team projects in a number of media technologies and art theory. The program culminates in a design and development of an individual representative professional project and gives the students the necessary skills to enter into the digital media field.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Employ digital tools in the production of still images and interactive design elements.
- Explain professional and ethical issues related to media production and distribution.
- Discuss industry terminology and current technology through team collaborations and class presentations.
- Design digital projects that apply 2D, 3D, and time-based principles and techniques.
- Examine the digital media production process from storyboard to prototype.
- Create a digital portfolio that includes planning, development and presentation.
To recieve an Associates at of Art in Digital Media Design degree, students must complete at least 90 quarter units, 31.5 of which must be completed at National University. All students must complete the coursework below and the required minimum 34.5 units of the University General Education requirements for the Associate degree. In the abscence of transfer credit students may need to take open electives to meet the overall unit requirement for the degree.
Students are urged to meet English and Mathematics requirements as early as possible in their coursework to gain the fundamental skills necessary for success in their college studies. Refer to the section on undergraduate admissions procedures for specific information regarding application and placement evaluations.
Prerequisites for the Major
(4 courses; 15 quarter units)
Requirements for the Major
(7 courses; 31.5 quarter units)