MUL315 Video Game Design
Lead Faculty: Mr. Brian J Arnold
Course DescriptionAn in-depth review of video game development, with emphasis on game design theory and practice. Fundamental principles and strategies of game design transform a story or game vision into a virtual environment prototype that integrates player activity, interface, and graphics. Cover basic algorithms that control interactivity and representation while learning about the various tools available to designers, such as prototyping software and game engines.
- Describe the fundamentals of game design theory.
- Identify basic algorithms that control game interactivity and representation.
- Demonstrate design concepts and strategies to achieve the gameandapos;s objective.
- Write technical design documents that address game objective, genre, perspective, rules of play, interface, interactivity, graphics, and sound.
- Create a 3-D game prototype that demonstrates basic functionality, player activity, and the objective of a game.