ITM434 Wireless LAN Administration
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bhaskar Raj Sinha
Fundamental concepts of wireless network administration. The focus is on 802.11 standard wireless solutions including: fundamentals of 802.11 WLANs; radio frequency fundamentals; antennas; RF math and system operating margin; RF power output regulations; wireless LAN operation; 802.11 analyses and troubleshooting; and site surveying. This course provides the basic preparation for the Certified Wireless Network Administration (CWNA) exam.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Wireless Network (WLAN) systems and their impact on the information technology industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Wireless Network (WLAN) technologies including Medium Access Control (MAC) Layer, Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) Physical Layer, Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) Physical Layer, Infrared (IR) Physical Layer and Roaming Standards.
- Identify hardware and software components of applied WLAN's.
- Discuss basics of wireless solutions including: 802.11.
- Assess the elements of the network development life cycle.