ITM340 IT Clients Using MS Windows
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bhaskar Raj Sinha
Course DescriptionThis course provides the solid framework into the concepts and actual implementation of Windows XP. Topics include understanding of the desktop processing of information to support organizational decision-making and strategic planning. This course introduces the client server architecture and focuses on the desktop role as the client connected to database systems and network systems that are required to meet and support the real-world projects and various IT initiatives. Hands-on labs are included.
- Identify the challenges faced in managing desktop information technology using XP.
- Discuss the importance of desktop information technology requiring strategic planning.
- Describe the issues involved in management control of information processing using XP as a client Operating System.
- Understand the basic functions of XP and operating systems in general.
- Explain the Operating Systems tasks.
- Understand the Operating System features.
- Explore the structure of the Internet and the World Wide Web using XP.
- Understand the networks and network terminology within the desktop information technology.