ITM340 IT Clients Using MS Windows
Lead Faculty: Ms. Debra A. Bowen
This course provides a solid framework of the concepts and implementation of a client-side operating system. Topics include understanding the client processing of information to support organizational decision-making and strategic planning, the client-server architecture, and the clients role when connected to database systems and network systems that are required to meet and support real-world projects and IT initiatives. Hands-on labs are included.
- Discuss the challenges of managing a client-side system.
- Explain the importance of strategic planning for desktop initiatives.
- Recognize issues and solutions involved in management control of information processing using a client-side operating system.
- Describe the basic functions of a client-side operating system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the features of an industry standard client-side operating system.
- Examine the structure of the Internet and the World Wide Web using a client-side operating system.
- Describe the networks and network terminology within a client-server IT environment.